And so I shall! Omg how I wish this was the view outside my house, but it’s not. Oh well. I like my house. And I’ll be going down the Cape this summer so that will be great too. But, this isn’t about beaches or beautiful weather and all that jazz, it’s about doing something with my life!
Last Friday I got my wisdom teeth out, so for a few days I was kind of out of commission, basically just laying in bed all drugged up on Percocet and watching movies all day. I watched my Glee Season 1 DVDs at least a dozen times. But I’m doing much better now, a week later. I’m still experiencing some discomfort and I found the peanut butter and jelly sandwich I had for lunch to be a bit of a challenge (I really wanted one…I think I was being a little too ambitious), but it’s way better than it was. Anyway, moral of the story is I barely left my bed, let alone my house, for a few days, and even the past couple of days when I’ve been out of bed I haven’t really traveled much farther than my kitchen. This has made me realize how much I love doing stuff, and how I need to do a ton of it this summer! So I decided to make some goals for myself to achieve by the end of the summer to keep myself entertained and motivated, and I’ll keep y’all posted with my progress. Here’s what I came up with:
1. GET A JOB!!!!! I’ve been applying anywhere and everywhere. I need a job. So much. Spain won’t pay for itself (I’m going to study abroad in the spring). Plus I’d like to have some fun too, like trying to get down to Pittsburgh to visit that boyfriend of mine :) I’ll let y’all know where I end up.
2. Do my New York City Ballet Workout at least three times a week. I asked for this for my birthday a few years ago and it’s a great workout. It’s hard, and you feel awful afterwards, but it’s that kind of feeling awful that you actually feel great. I’d like to really work on my fitness this summer. I’m not out of shape by any means, but I’d like to be more in shape. I’ll include too just exactly how this affects my body.
3. Learn how to make healthy food on a budget. Next year I’m living in an apartment off campus, and I’m not having an unlimited dining plan, which means that I’ll be doing a lot of cooking for myself. I want to learn how to make myself healthy, delicious dinners without breaking the bank. I’m a college student. I don’t have all kinds of money. But I can’t just live on macaroni and cheese. Not only am I sure I’d get sick of it, I’m pretty sure I’d gain like a thousand pounds. Whenever I made myself dinner this past year, it usually was mac and cheese. I would make it if I felt like I didn’t have time to go to the dining hall to grab food before I had to go somewhere. But I can’t make that a regular thing. So I need to learn some healthy, easy, inexpensive, and, dare I say it, fun recipes to make myself next year. I’ll share a few here!
4. Try something new. New food, new activity, new experience, new something. I like trying new things. I’m pretty adventurous. I’ll try anything once. So I want to have a new experience of some sort this summer, and I’ll talk about it here!
5. Finish a book. I start so many books and don’t finish them. I started reading My Sister’s Keeper. I started reading The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. Did I finish either one? No. I did not. I want to find a good book this summer and read the whole thing start to finish. I do like reading, once I find a book that I can really get into. So this summer I’ll either finish at least one if not both of those books I started, or I’ll find an entirely new book to enjoy! I’ll review it here, too. Suggestions?